Our VBS theme for this year was Agency D3: Discover, Decide, Defend!
Kids became “Agency D3″ special agents during VBS as they collected and logged evidence about Jesus. They examined eyewitness reports, physical proofs and Biblical accounts to uncover and defend the truth about who Jesus really is.
By collecting all the evidence, they would discover the truth of the gospel; decide to believe it; and then defend that decision.
Kids not only need to know the Bible is true and that Jesus is God’s one and only Son, but they need to know how to defend what they believe when someone asks them why they believe it.
The VBS 2014 theme verse is 1 Peter 3:15: “But honor the Messiah as Lord in your hearts. Always be ready to give a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you.”
Our students as D3 agents looked at daily questions, investigated to discover, decide and defend Scripture: Day 1 : Is Jesus really God’s Son?; Day 2 : Was Jesus more than just a good man?; Day 3 : Was Jesus death real?; Day 4 : Is Jesus alive?; Day 5 : What do I do with the evidence about Jesus?
Within that week, the students had a special schedule and they went from one station to another to learn more about God in fun ways. Early in the morning, they went to a Worship Rally, which was the message to have the students listen to the Word of God connected to the theme on that day. Here are some of the stations that they entered:
- Bible Station (Evidence Vault): The students learned more about the daily theme through activities in this station
- Mission (Map Room): The students watched testimonies from missionaries all around the world connected to the daily theme
- Art and craft Station (The Lab): The students did art and craft projects which connected to our special agent theme (watch, communicator, etc)
- Music Station (Communication Hub): The students learned more about the daily theme through songs and movement in this station
- Snack Station (Break Room): The students had fun activities with food in this station
- Games Station (Training Ground): The students played games with values connected with the daily theme
On 25 April 2014, we had our VBS Parents Night. The VBS Parents Committee worked very hard to decorate our chapel with our VBS theme. They decorated the chapel with the Agency Headquarter’s theme. GI Freddy Liauw was the speaker for the service that night.
After the message, the students performed the VBS songs selected for their classes. We were really excited to see them on stage. It was a wonderful performance!
Our hope is that these children will grow as agents of God who spread the Gospel throughout the world and will be brave enough to defend their faith.