A number of IPEKA Junior High students who joined as one team to compete in Olimpiade Sains Nasional (OSN) 2014, a national olympiad on science, gave their best and achieved wonderful result. Praise the Lord!
IPEKA Junior High team won some medals: two golds, two silvers, as well as one bronze medal in this national event, which took place on last 15 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 21 May 2014 in Padang, a city with a slogan of Padang Kota Tercinta or Our Lovely Padang in West Sumatera.
Here are the names of the students:
- Patrick Bryan Nugraha from IPEKA International Christian School (IICS), gold medalist in physics
- Bennett Clement of IPEKA Puri, gold medalist in math
- Kezia Sulami, IPEKA Sunter, won silver medal in math
- Leonardo Irvin Pratama from IPEKA Tomang who won silver medal also in math
- Michael Jonathan of IPEKA Tomang as bronze medalist in physics
Olimpiade Sains Nasional is held annually since last 2003 which has a motto of We Bring the GOLDs Out for its Twitter account. It is an event which plays an important role as the government aims to enhance the quality of education in this country. Also, it is a stage for students to have positive competition, and to be selected as well in order to qualify to represent the country in competing on international level olympiads on science.